Monday, April 19, 2010

Escape and Entrance

I left you, Saturday mornings sleeping in and imaginary worlds of talking plastic; waging war over who gets “shotgun”; threats of “turning the car around”; wishing to change the classical music to thrash metal, dozing off because I can’t; tugging the handle simultaneously with the “beep”, making furrowed faces at the door; sneaking into the chips before we make it home from the store … in the dust.

And chose you, green machine. I'll sit and steer where I want, brake and unlock when I want.

3 comments:

johngoldfine said...

Risk or words meaning something beyond themselves? I could almost see this as either--but you tell me.

Alexandra said...

Remember... this is still me doing Week 11. Words meaning something beyond themselves. But you can accept it as both if you want. Haha.

johngoldfine said...

Week 11 it is. This is one of those things that I suppose could hint at a lot of different meanings. Since I've known you via internet for 11 weeks or so and since it could mean a lot of different things, I guess I can fill in the blanks adequately.

I admire that confidence you show here, that willingness to take risks even if it isn't week 12!