Saturday, May 15, 2010

An Old Lover's Appeal

This is something someone wrote to me when he had discovered I was already married. Deane Napoli. I just thought it was wonderfully written.


Clearly I missed the bus to eden... Adam and Eve have arrived first, so is this Steve's turn to enter the secret garden? I'd like to think simultaneously that you're rekindling ancient fires on warm stones, while hoping you have no intention of walking across them. I've made the gap a few time, but without a bridge I won't be back across. Let me know when building commences. You're too special not greet the dawning of our glorious new age where fawns and satyrs drink their hearts out on the blood of christ and the polyamorous inclined line streets beneath wisps of your dress.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

Oh, yeah, it's beautiful writing and all, but it is hardly disinterested writing. It has its goal, as I'm sure you are aware, and its goal is not adding to the storehouse of literature.